Maple Lake Regulations
The use of Maple Lake and the surrounding area, Washington, Grove, Maryland, is restricted to
those persons who reside in or own real estate in the Town.
Individuals or families eligible under paragraph 1 desiring to use Lake facilities are required to obtain (at no
cost) a Lake Permit which shall be issued by a member of the Lake Committee or the Town Clerk, subject to these conditions:
- Permits shall be issued to each person in the household who is fourteen years or older.
- Permits are non-transferable.
- Permit holders may be required to produce their permits at any time while present at Maple Lake or the surrounding vicinity.
- Except as qualified in Paragraphs 3 and 7 hereof, only permit holders may use the Lake facilities.
Permit holders are entitled to have guests a Maple Lake subject to the following conditions:
- All guests should be accompanied by persons holding valid permits.
- Permit holders shall not have guests at the Lake more that two days in any week except overnight guests.
- Children between 14 & 18 years of age inclusive may have guests only with written parental consent and may have not more than two guests at any one time.
Restrictions and Prohibitions:
The use of Maple Lake and the surrounding area shall be subject to the
- Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by at least one parent or, with the consent of the parent, by another permit holder 18 years or older.
- Ducking, running, pushing on the dock, dangerous water games, or other dangerous activities are prohibited at all times.
- Swimming is prohibited at all times unless another qualified swimmer is present.
- Boats, rafts, or paddle boards shall not be used on the Lake, however, the reasonable use of plastic or rubber water devices may be permitted at the discretion of the lifeguard. Parents or guardians (18 years or older) must be in the water with their children and provide direct supervision during use of these devices.
- The deposit of refuse (littering) of any kind in the Lake area is prohibited at all times.
- No dogs allowed.
- All motorized vehicles including motorcycles are restricted to the parking area.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited except when prior written permission is granted by the Mayor for special events in accordance with Article 2B, Section 211 of the Annotated Code of Maryland.
- No glass containers allowed at the Lake.
- The Lake and surrounding area must be evacuated when lightning or stormy weather threatens safety. The lifeguard or swimming instructor may determine when evacuations required, as well as when use of the area may be resumed.
Fishing in Maple Lake shall be in accordance with all applicable State laws and regulations.
Hours of Use
The use of Maple Lake or the surrounding area is restricted to daylight, provided however that use at
any other time may be authorized at the discretion of the Mayor or Councilor in charge of the Lake.
Maple Lake or the surrounding area may be used for special parties sponsored by permit holders
provided advanced authorization in the form of a Lake Party Permit. Such authorization shall not entitle any party to exclusive use of Maple Lake or the surrounding area at any time. (See Hours of Use – above).
The regulations promulgated herein shall be enforced by the Mayor, and member of the Town
Council, Lifeguard, or by any person so authorized in writing by the Mayor.
- Individuals who violate these regulations may be expelled from Maple Lake and the surrounding area at any time.
- The permit of any person found violating any regulation may be suspended by the Mayor or Town Councilor in charge of the Lake.
- A violation of these regulations shall be considered to be a misdemeanor and shall subject the offender to a fine not to exceed $25.00 for each violation.
The use of Maple Lake and the surrounding area shall be at the individual’s own risk at all times.