Clapperton Tennis Courts
Tennis in the Grove dates back to the late 1800’s with the current courts being built around 1903. During the early 1900’s there were also numerous private grass courts. Most of these courts around town were retired during the Depression and World War II. Over the years, the courts in the Grove have been host to many local and county tournaments and played a significant role in Grove athletics.
Today Washington Grove offers two historical “natural clay” courts with a modern line taping system in addition to one “hard surface” court.
During the summer, instructional tennis is offered to adult and junior players of all levels. In addition, there are weekly “drop-in” doubles play and frequent tennis mixers. Watch the bulletin for upcoming tennis dates or contact Linda Baim at: 301-926-8767, cel 240-997-1701, or [email protected]
Kids are invited to participate in this year's tennis camp taught by our own Linda Baim. Classes are held on the following dates. Each child will attend the time slot for his age group. Please submit a separate form for each child. Contact Linda with any questions:...