/* The Divi child theme test */ 107 Grove Avenue | Town of Washington Grove
301-926-2256 washgrove@comcast.net

Lot and Block » Lot 4 & pt 5, Block 7 Old Lot 4, Block B
Name »
Built » c. 1885?
Built by »
Style »
Owner(s) » W. B. Jackson, 1886 (#143) – original owner Dr Ephraim C. Merriam, 1893 (#355,356) Arthur C. Merriam, 1893 (#356) Helen W. Merriam, 1896 (#492) Walter B. & Susie E. Hoofnagle, 1911 (#808) Lois H. Meirs & R. H. Robertson, by 1946 John & Phyllis Pentecost Celia Mohn & Fred Campbell, 1987 Ed & Judy Mroczka, 2 July 1993
Remarks » Possibly moved from The Circle area. Acc to Edwards, moved to this site after 1893, pre-1907. The front door of the cottage was blistered in the 1907 fire of the Huntley cottage (formerly 108 Grove Ave). Meirs & Robertson lived at 3515 Hartford Place, DC.
Sources » 1886 plat of Grove Ave; Edwards, 206; Edwards House History Worksheet; County Tax Records; 1946 tax list; Town records.

Scroll Up