/* The Divi child theme test */ 111 Grove Avenue | Town of Washington Grove
301-926-2256 washgrove@comcast.net

Lot and Block » Lot 6 pt 5, Block 7 Old Lots 5 & 6, Block B
Name »
Built » by 1885 (c. 1883-5) Assessment records indicate 1895
Built by »
Style »
Owner(s) » R. B. Dietrick, original owner of Lot 6 (Cert #12; Deed JA 19:392) Elias J. Hill, 1893 (Lot 6:Cert #319; Deed JA 36:469) William K. Hill, 1895 (#455) Percy S. Foster, 1902 (Lot 6-#595), 1905 (Lot 5:#658) L. Cabell Williamson, 1914 (Lots 5 & 6:#888 & 889) Henry G. Milans, 1917 (#990) Dr. James M. & Ann Hundley, c. 1940 to 1960s Joe B. & M. P. Work (liber 2695 folio 428) Martin R. & S. C. Booska, 19 May 1980 (liber 5520 folio 775) Alan B Cutter, 1991 Gail Littlefield, 5-311995
Remarks » Hundley was US Assistant Surgeon General and later Executive Director of the American Heart Association. The Hundleys removed rear 2nd story servants quarters c1952 and enclosed the front side porch for a study. Percy Foster owned and operated the “Percy S. Foster Piano Company” at Foster Bldg, 1330 G St. by 1911.
Sources » Edwards, 91, 191, 196, 206; Shantz, 79; 1886 Plat of Grove Ave; Record of Leases, 1883-1906; Edwards House History Worksheet; County Tax Records; Assessment records. 1911 Chautauqua booklet. Register of Stock Certificates.

Scroll Up