/* The Divi child theme test */ 112 Grove Avenue | Town of Washington Grove
301-926-2256 washgrove@comcast.net

Lot and Block » Lot 21, Block 4 Old Lot 34, Block A
Name » Zo-Mar
Built » Located on this site c1887
Built by »
Style »
Owner(s) » Emery, on 1886 plat but no stock. Benjamin H. Steinmentz, c. 1889 (#177, #193) William A. Posey, c. 1903 (#624) Raymond F. Crist, 27 May 1907 (#693) Clarence F. Welch, 21 February 1920 (#1011) Laura Poole Wadsworth, 21 February 1920 (#1102) Zoe Wadsworth, by 1946 through 1979 (liber 956 folio 362) Robert A. & M. H. Kimmich Jr, 4 June 1980 (liber 5527 folio 614) Michael Page & Sally Mansfield
Remarks » May have been Maj. Thomas P. Morgan’s 14×30 cottage which formerly stood on The Circle (Lot 3, Section A-now part of land connected with 2 The Circle). See also 114 Grove Avenue. There had been a spring in the back corner, near the current garage. A well, 27 feet deep and containing six feet of water, exists under the back porch; believed to have been used for house water supply as an old electrical box is nearby. May be the Steinmentz Cottage described in Association minutes of 30 June 1903 as having unsanitary gutter, privy and cesspool at its rear. Building permit 010844 issued 8 April 1981.
Sources » Edwards, 90; Shantz, 47; NR form; 1886 plat of Grove Ave; tax records; photograph given to Kimmich by Mrs. Shattuck (Zoe’s sister) and since given to Heritage Committee; Assessment records; Registry of Stock Certificates; Assciation minutes 30 June 1903 p. 317; 1946 tax list.

Scroll Up