/* The Divi child theme test */ 405 Sixth Avenue | Town of Washington Grove
301-926-2256 washgrove@comcast.net

Lot and Block » Lot 11-12+, Block 16 Old Lots 13-14, Block 6
Name »
Built » c. 1894 – 1911. House moved to site 1911
Built by »
Style »
Owner(s) » Lot 9: Eliza S Miller, 1894 (#404) – original owner James K McCathran, 1895 (#469) – original owner James T Harrison, 1895 (#474) James K McCathran, 1901 (#562) Nettie B Logan, 1911 (#800) Walter B. Isherwood, 1922 to 1943 (#1064) Charles T. Hiller, 1943 H. F. & D. E. Sylvester, by 1953 Virginia Richardson, by 1957 Elizabeth Morgan, by 1966 Ben H. & Vivienne Hall (liber 1991 folio 154 and liber 2401 folio 70) Laurence W. & Yvonne D. Miller, 12 August 1971 (liber 4107 folio 660) Gregory H. Fess & Carol S. Rosin, 31 January 1978 (liber 5085 folio 706) John C. Brasunas & Kathleen A. McCann, Dec 1988
Remarks » In 1906 former house moved from lot 11 to 119 Maple Avenue by J. K. McCathran. In 1911 present house moved to lot 11 from Lot 9 by Nettie B. Logan. Stock attached to lot between 1901 and 1911. Assessment records indicate contract for remodeling in 1964 (job not completed by original contractor); also that house was rented as of 6 February 1968.
Sources » Edwards, 204; Town Directories; Wilkerson file; Real estate listing, 1988; Summary of Washington Grove Assn deeds, 1935-37, Land Records, Town Archives; 1944 newspaper clipping; Register of Stock Certificates; Assessment records; 1943 deed Isherwood-Miller; 1953 delinquent tax list; Logan-Walker correspondence 25 July 1912 and 25 August 1913.

Scroll Up