/* The Divi child theme test */ 418 Fifth Avenue | Town of Washington Grove
301-926-2256 washgrove@comcast.net

Lot and Block » Lots 10-11, Block 14 Old Lots 23-25?, Block 4
Name Great Oaks
Built »
Built by »
Style » Carpenter Gothic
Owner(s) » Edward Hawkins, 1893 (#350) Kate E B Hawkins, 1896 (#494) Susanna E Stuart, 1900 (#549; TD14:280) Clyde B. & Ada M. Aitchison, by 1946-post 1957 Margaret MacGregor, by 1966-post 1976 Nils E. & M. Erickson, 5-23-1980 (Deed 5523:23) Don Tippman & Eve Zibart, by 1988
Remarks » House on Lot 10. Stocks 94, 95, 330 owned by Katie E B Hawkins, Edward Hawkins, and Susie E Stuart, respectively, conveyed to Edward Hawkins in 1893. Aitchison was appointed to the Interstate Commerce Commission by President Wilson and served for 35 years. The B&O; grade crossing at Railroad Street was named for Aitchison.
Sources » Town Directories; 1962 survey of property, “Abandonment” file, Land Records, Town Archives; Tax List, 1946; Register of Stock Certificates; Record of Leases, 1883-1906; Assessment records; B&O; Correspondence 26 December 1958; Town records (Planning & Planning Commission folder); Shantz p. 75.

Scroll Up