/* The Divi child theme test */ 418 Oak Street | Town of Washington Grove
301-926-2256 washgrove@comcast.net

Lot and Block » Lots 13-14, Block 31
Name »
Built » c1911-1914
Built by »
Style » Bungalow
Owner(s) » Maude E Graham, 1911 Henry K Simpson, 1914 Sallie L Walker, 1917 George F Reber, Sr, 1920 Ralph R Wayland, 1922 Frank R & Mary A Gale, by 1944 Kirby F. & Audrey S. Smith, by 1946 (Deed 938:181) Preston K. & S. R. Schultz, 26 October 1970 (liber 4011 folio 644) Randall W. & Sue A. Adams, 4 June 1975 (liber 4646 folio 865) David M. & S. A. Light, 1980 (Deeds 5567: 792; 5577:649) Donald C. Franz & Anne Phillips, 1981 (5642:221) Daniel J. Tutas, by 1991
Remarks » Moved from Lot 17, Block 9 on The Circle. Maude E Graham had the house built c1911. Though Walkers did not formerly acquire the property until 1917, they owned it by 1915. Samuel Walker protested the closing of Oak St by the Assn, in 1915, fearing it would result in losing his tenant at the “Graham cottage”. (Maude Graham died by 1916 of “tuberculosis and inadequate nourishment” at a northern sanitarium, acc to Robert Walker.)
Sources » Kitty Wilkerson card file; 1988 real estate printout; 1944 newspaper clipping; Town Directories. Register of Stock Certificates. Robert Walker paper on leases for stockholders, 1916. S H Walker corres, 1915. 1946 tax list.

Scroll Up