/* The Divi child theme test */ Historic Preservation Commission Meeting Minutes May 2015 | Town of Washington Grove
301-926-2256 washgrove@comcast.net


19 May 2015 | Approved: 16 June 2015

Members Present: Bob Booher, Wendy Harris, Gail Littlefield, Mimi Styles and David Stopak. Georgette Cole, Town Council Liaison, and Cynthia Werts, Town resident were also present. The meeting was called to order at 7:35 PM.

Approval of Agenda

A request was made to change the order of items (3.6 and 3.8) to be discussed under Old Business. A motion was made by Gail, seconded by Mimi, to approve the agenda, which was adopted, as amended.

Adoption of Minutes

The draft minutes of April 21, 2015, were reviewed and corrected. Gail moved to adopt the minutes, as amended, seconded by Mimi. The motion carried unanimously.

Project Review Session

Consultation
Rebecca Richters consulted with the committee on preliminary ideas for possible improvements to #13 Circle (home of Alan Janus). Rebecca discussed their plans for making improvements to the kitchen and back porch, all of which would be interior renovations only, with no outside alterations to the contributing structure. She said she would come back to the HPC for more advice as their plans progress.

Council Report

Georgette will submit a written summary report to the HPC for their review. She presented a brief overview of the Council meeting and informed the HPC that she will continue to be their Town Council liaison.

PC Meeting Report

Bob updated the HPC on issues discussed at the May meeting. He noted that a Public Ways permit was approved for 203 Second Avenue, and also for the Little Free Library, which will be located on town property at the corner of Ridge Road and Brown Street. There were also further discussions on the Harrison property subdivision and on the proposed easement for 409 5th Ave (O’Connor residence).

MHT – Preservation Tax Credits

Mimi reported that everything has been arranged with Melissa Archer to host a public meeting on Wednesday evening, June 10th, at 7:00pm in the Town Hall. Melissa will speak about state income tax credits that are available to county residents for qualified rehabilitations to historic homes. A flyer has been posted on the bulletin board at the Post Office, and, a notice will be published in the next Town bulletin, as well as on the Town Yahoo List Server. Mimi will contact Gary Temple for help in setting up the projector in the Hall.

Enabling Ordinance 2015-03

David resubmitted the draft for review. He took the original resolution and moved things around while making a few minor changes and language alterations to the content of the agreement. After discussion, Gail made a motion to accept the draft version (seconded by Mimi), as prepared. The motion carried unanimously. The final draft (with David’s changes highlighted in yellow) will be sent to Charlie Challstrom to present to the Planning Commission for approval.

Bud O’Connor (409 5th Avenue)

At this time, no specific plans have been drawn up; however, once documentation is submitted for an easement application, the HPC will move forward with discussion regarding this property. Bud has informed us that his insurance company will comply with the terms on the Town easement.

Cator (Harrison) Property

As HPC Chair, Bob sent Shirl and Steve Harrison a letter regarding the conditions for development of their property located at 17030 Railroad Street. Bob prepared a revised plan for the property with illustrative layouts for their review detailing the proposed detached garages and gravel pathway connecting the houses. The letter was mailed on May 5th, however, no response has been received to date. Also, it was noted that the Planning Commission has temporarily denied their permit until a revised plan is submitted and reviewed.

Archives Subgroup

Wendy will write up a description of what needs to be done with the HPC and Heritage committee records. It was also noted that the HPC is still waiting for Pat Patula to submit her background package regarding the Records Management Plan.

Permit Reviews/Procedure Revisions

Discussion on this issue will be deferred until the next meeting.

The meeting was adjourned at 9:40 p.m.

Scroll Up