2 March 2011 | Approved: 6 April 2011
Commission Chair Eric Gleason called the meeting to order at 7:34 p.m. In attendance were Commissioners Samantha Beres, Georgette Cole, Brenda Gumula and Steve Werts. Also in attendance was resident Charlie Challstrom.
Approval of Agenda
Georgette Cole moved to approve the agenda. Brenda Gumula seconded the motion. Approved: 5-0.
Approval of the Minutes
Georgette Cole moved to approve the minutes from February 2, 2011 as amended. Samantha Beres seconded the motion. Approved: 5-0.
Charlie Challstrom showed the Commission the new, high tech metal detector recently purchased for use in finding survey stakes.
Building Permit Applications
- 127 Maple Ave – Samantha Beres explained a setback problem with the original submission and the subsequent relocation of the proposed mower hutch. Samantha Beres moved to approve the permit. Brenda Gumula seconded the motion. The resident does not have to get a permit from Montgomery County because it falls under their size limit. Vote: 5-0. The Commission briefly discussed updating the permit database and changing the permit submission deadline.
- 215 Washington Grove Lane – The Commission discussed the status of this permit. It was discovered that there was no permit from Montgomery County for this work. When the resident was made aware of the need for a Montgomery County permit, she stopped the work and obtained the necessary County permits.
Ordinance 2011-01: Zoning Text Amendment – Amending Article VII; Sections 3 & 4 (Anti-Mansionization)
- Review of Power Point presentation for Public Hearing on March 24th – Eric Gleason showed the Power Point presentation to the Commission. Amendments and clarifications were made.
- Review of meeting handouts for residents – The Commission made a few “housekeeping” changes to this document.
- Review draft letter – The Commission reviewed the draft letter written by Historic Preservation Chairman Bob Booher. After some discussion, the Commission decided to draft their own letter and, perhaps, present two (2) letters at the Public Hearing on March 24th.
- A copy of the final Power Point presentation will be attached to the record of the Public Hearing.
Report from the Town Council
The subject of a summary of Ordinance 2011-01 for the Town Bulletin and a “Grove Alert” e-mail reminder of the Public Hearing were both discussed.
Someone mentioned the Good Neighbor flyer (meeting schedule included) that was being distributed by Montgomery County and asked how it applied to the Town. Charlie Challstrom provided the answer that the legislation mentioned in the flyer is not applicable in Town.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:45 p.m.