12 July 2010 | Approved: 9 August 2010
Mayor Anderson called the regular meeting of the Town Council to order at 7:32 p.m. In attendance were Councilors Joe Clark, Georgette Cole, Sylvie Favret and Bill Robertson. Also present was resident David Neumann. Councilor Hines arrived during public appearances and Councilor Kelly arrived during the approval of the minutes.
Approval of the Agenda
Georgette Cole moved, Joe Clark seconded that the agenda for July 12, 2010 be approved. Vote: 4-0.
David Neumann asked about adding the current condition of the at-grade crossing (Atchison Crossing) to the CSX discussion at the meeting tomorrow night. The Mayor and Council agreed that this was a good thought, appropriate timing and asked David to bring up the issue at the meeting. A discussion ensued.
Approval of Minutes
Georgette Cole moved, Marida Hines seconded that the Town Council minutes for June 14, 2010 be approved. The Clerk pointed out two (2) mistakes. The minutes were approved as amended. Vote: 5-0.
Georgette Cole moved, Marida Hines seconded that the Town Council minutes for June 28, 2010 be approved. A request was made to further clarify the language about the Gaithersburg West Master Plan reference to a new Deer Park Bridge. The minutes were approved as amended. Vote: 6-0.
Approval of Council Reports from June 2010 for Posting on the Website
Georgette Cole moved, Joe Clark seconded that the Council Reports from June 2010 be approved for posting on the Town website. Vote: 6-0. Mayor Anderson reminded the Council of the importance of doing thorough reports that residents can read and easily understand what’s going on in terms of progress and completion.
- Georgette Cole moved, Ted Kelly seconded that the Treasurer’s report for June 2010 be accepted. There was a discussion about the $4,000.00 estimate to repair the Grove Road side of the tennis fence and about road work. Vote: 6-0.
- Treasurers Report 2010-07 pdf
- Deer Park Bridge – Mayor Anderson referenced tomorrow’s information session with CSX in McCathran Hall at 7:00 PM. CSX will present a new proposal to raise the bridge. This is an information session only. No decisions will be made at this meeting. The Mayor stated that if the Town position changes from that of only lowering the tracks (see Resolution 2009-05); another Special Town Meeting must be called. After some discussion, this meeting was set for August 11, 2010.
- Mayor Anderson reported that he had received a letter from a new Toll Brothers representative concerning the Shady Grove Crossing development across from Ridge Road. They would like to have a discussion about the landscape buffer. Perhaps the Town group that was previously working on this project should be resurrected to review the original plan and meet with the new Toll Brothers representative.
- Bill Robertson stated that he and Mary Challstrom would be meeting with a representative from FEMA in order to hammer out more details for our disaster relief funds from the snows earlier this year.
The regular meeting was adjourned at 8:52 PM
The Mayor and Council went into an Executive Session at 9:05 p.m.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:52 p.m.