RESOLUTION NO. 2015-08
REGULATIONS FOR THE RENTAL OF MCCATHRAN HALL
- McCathran Hall rental is limited to Town residents, or resident-sponsored events, and can be reserved by contacting the Town Hall Scheduler at 301-926-2256.
- A rental fee is payable in advance of the event. The fee schedule is:
|Full Day Fee Schedule||Residents||Resident-Sponsored|
|Octagon, Lower Room & Kitchenette||$200||$400|
|Hourly Fee Schedule||Residents||Resident-Sponsored||Non-Profit Groups*|
Above fees cover first 2-hour period of use; then represent hourly fee thereafter – no prorating.
There is no penalty for cancellation of a reservation at least 15 days prior to the reserved date. If the reservation is canceled less than 15 days prior to the event, the rental fee in effect for that reservation shall be forfeited. *Non-Profit Groups: Charities, educational, religious, Federal and local government meetings, State or Federal Sales Tax Exemption Certificate required! The Town Council will entertain proposals from groups willing to perform public service work for the Town in exchange for a waiver of fees.
- An additional security deposit of $300 also is required, payable in advance by a separate check. This deposit will be retained as liquidated damages for any violation of these regulations, and/or any damage to McCathran Hall, its furnishings or fixtures, or the surrounding area. Liquidated damages are not limited to $300.
- Rental and security deposits are required for such events as weddings, receptions, private parties, etc. The Mayor in specific instances may grant waivers of user fees. In the case of a memorial service for a Town resident or former resident, only a $50 utility fee will be charged.
- Occupancy of the octagon is limited to 150 persons seated in rows, or 100 persons seated at tables. Exceptions to this occupancy limit may be granted by the Mayor only to the limits established by Ordinance No. 95-11.
- Responsible adult Town resident supervision is required at all times; the Town resident making the reservation will be fully responsible for the conduct and actions of all guests, and for conformance with these regulations, as well as any and all damages sustained to McCathran Hall, its grounds, and adjoining premises. The Town resident sponsor is required to be present during and at the end of the rental event. Failure to abide by this requirement will cause a loss of deposit.
- All activities held primarily for children and/or teens (i.e., persons under 18 years of age) must be attended by adult sponsors; at least one adult sponsor for each 10 teens, preteens, and children must be assured. The full names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the adult sponsors must be listed on a separate sheet and attached to the Use Application. Failure of listed adults to appear for the scheduled activity will result in automatic revocation of permission to use McCathran Hall and a loss of deposit.
- Rentals of McCathran Hall will be limited to one day and one night per weekend. Rental of McCathran Hall and surrounding area is not to extend beyond 9:30 p.m., Sundays through Thursdays; 11:00 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. Cleanup, however, may be performed until 10:00 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays; until 11:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Preparation for rentals or clean up from the night before may not start before 8:30 AM.
- Loud music and amplified sounds must stop at 10:00 PM on Fridays and Saturdays and at 9:00 PM Sundays – Thursdays. All noise associated with rental and/or use of McCathran Hall, both inside and out, shall be kept to a reasonable level (consistent with Montgomery County Code 31.b; Noise Control), to avoid disturbing neighboring residents. The use of bass driven woofer and sub-woofer speakers or bass amplifiers will not be allowed.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited unless the Mayor executes a valid alcohol permit.
- Smoking is prohibited within McCathran Hall and within 50 ft. of any entrance.
- Users are required to abide by parking & speed restrictions as stated on posted signs.
- The Council room, office, and archives room are reserved for official use only.
- The charging of admission or activity fees is prohibited except for certain Town‑sponsored events.
- McCathran Hall must be left clean and orderly per the checklist provided. The Town resident reserving McCathran Hall must remove all trash. A bin for recyclable items is provided for glass bottles (rinsed), plastics (rinsed), and cans (rinsed). All windows must be closed and locked, and tables and chairs put against the wall. The thermostat in the octagon shall be turned off. Lights shall be turned off. The security deposit may be withheld if these conditions have not been fully satisfied or if there is any other violation of the rules and regulations for use of McCathran Hall. Keys should be returned to the Town Hall Scheduler within 3 days.
- There shall be no stove cooktop in the kitchenette. Use of any portable stove, cooktop, grill, griddle, deep fat fryer, broiler, or frying pan is prohibited in McCathran Hall.
- McCathran Hall shall not be used for exhibition or display as defined by the Life Safety Code published by the National Fire Protection Association, Inc.
- Certain of the above regulations apply also to Town-sponsored events: specifically items 5, 7, 8, 10, 13, 15, 16, and 17.
- Exceptions to the rental schedule and cancellation policy shall be determined by the Mayor and Town Council.
Approved by Mayor and Town Council
Town Clerk Date