Town Council Meeting & Public Hearings (continued)
Monday, August 13, 2018 | 7:30 p.m. | McCathran Hall Council Room
PUBLIC HEARINGS (continued from July 9, 2018)
Ordinance 2018-04; Zoning Text Amendment to Modify Special Rules for Fences and Carports, add Definitions for Clarity and Consistency and Modify Accessory Building Setbacks.
Ordinance 2018-05; Ordinance to Amend Article IV Building Permit Regulations to Modify and Clarify Requirements for Building Permits..
- Call To Order
- Approval of the Agenda
- Public Appearances – Please note the time allowed to speak will be limited to five minutes.
- Approval of Minutes – July 9, 2018
- Treasurer’s Report
- Review and Award of Bid for Standby Generator at McCathran Hall
- Ordinance 2018-04; Zoning Test Amendment to Modify Special Rules for Fences and Carports, add definitions for Clarity and Consistency and Modify Accessory Buildings Setbacks. Review Planning Commission Amendments (Updated 8/1/18)
- Ordinance 2018-05; Ordinance to Amend Article IV Building Permit Regulations to Modify and Clarify Requirements for Building Permits. Review Planning Commission Amendments (Updated 8/1/18).
- Introduction of Resolution 2018-09; Establishing a Town Dog Park.
- Discussion of Draft Resolution 2018-06; Establishing Rules and Regulations for a Town Dog Park.
- Review & Approval of Changes to Maple Lake Regulations.
- Proposal for herbicide application in the West Woods in August: wavyleaf basketgrass.
- Council Reports:
Darrell Anderson: Historic Preservation Commission, Sign Restoration Project, Conservation Meadow, Roads & Walkways
Charlie Challstrom: McCathran Hall, Planning Commission
Rob Gilmore: Contracts, Woods, Dog Park, Shady Grove Crossing
Marida Hines: Website, Recreation, Communications
Patrice Klein: Emergency Preparedness, Maple Lake
Audrey Maskery: Forestry and Beautification, Maintenance, Memorials, Playgrounds
Joli McCathran & John Compton: Intergovernmental
- Mayor’s Announcements
- PC and HPC Alternate members – update.
- Status of 107 Pine Avenue.
- Railroad Street Speed Hump Request Letter to Montgomery County – update
- Administrative business
- Town contract for web site services.
- Posting Committee meeting Minutes to the web site: current and archived.
- Review Open Meetings questions for Town attorney
- New Business Consideration of Ordinances prohibiting multifamily dwellings.
*The TC agenda is subject to change any time before or during the Council meeting. Please contact the Town Clerk at (301) 926-2256 to obtain current information.