The Mayor and Council reviewed specifications and installation descriptions on pages 10 & 11, especially the clearing of a 4-foot width of ground for fence installation and cementing fence posts in the ground. The Woods Committee requested additional time to provide advice and comment. Discussion followed:
- Would the clearing be done by volunteers, the fence contractor, or someone other than the contractor?
- Specifics for the double-gate entry.
- Noting the ability for deer to jump the proposed 5ft. fence.
- Adding a disclaimer to the Rules about the 5’ fence height and owner’s responsibilities if their dog is a jumper.
- Adjusting fence boundaries to accommodate clearing of a 4 ft. swath for installation of the fence and gate area.
- The advisability of pre-clearing before companies come out to look at the area.
Action: Revisions to the RFP will be considered at the December Town Council Meeting. In the interim Co-Chair Mary Warfield will coordinate with the Dog Park Group members and Co-Chair Pat Klein will coordinate with the Woods Committee members to set a date for a walk-through to resolve issues. Advance notice will be distributed to the Town Council.