- Maple Lake is a private lake. All use of Maple Lake, including fishing, is restricted to Washington Grove residents and their supervised guests.
- All anglers (persons fishing) over the age of 16 must possess a valid Maryland freshwater fishing license.
- All fishing is catch and release. Barbless hooks are recommended (flatten or snip the barbs off your hooks.)
- Anglers are responsible for their gear and for removing all fishing gear including hooks, line, sinkers, etc., from the waters of Maple Lake and surrounding areas after use.
- Anglers are responsible for proper disposal of their trash; if you bring it in, you must bring it out. Leave Maple Lake cleaner than you found it.
- No trot lines or fixed lines allowed.
- No fishing allowed from dock at any time.
- Between May 1 and September 30, all fishing is restricted
to area south of bridge (see map.)
- Swimmers have the right of way; fishing must stop if swimmers enter the fishing area.
- Enjoy Maple Lake and preserve our resource.