301-926-2256 [email protected]

Building Permits Overview

McCathran Hall

If you are going to erect a building or structure, make structural alterations to, or move any existing building or other structure (including fences), you must first obtain a building permit from the Washington Grove Planning Commission.

The Town must first sign off all applications for County-required building permits. The Historic Preservation Commission will review most permits as well.

The Town Zoning Ordinance governs setbacks, lot coverage and height. The permit fee for a major building permit (addition/renovation) is $100.00. The fee for a minor building permit (fence/shed) is $10.00, payable to the Town of Washington Grove. Interior renovations, which involve electrical, plumbing, or load-bearing changes, generally require a County permit. A shed requires a County permit as well.
Translate »
Scroll Up