A Town Within a Forest
The Grove Outdoors
The Grove Indoors
History of Washington Grove
The Grove for Newcomers
- Woods Committee News - Next Meeting: Monday, December 3, 2018; 7:30 p.m. in the Council Room. The January meeting will be on the 7th. All are welcome to attend. ...
- NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING – proposed ordinance - The Washington Grove Town Council will hold a public hearing on Monday, December 10, 2018, 7:30 p.m. in McCathran Hall, 300 Grove Ave. Washington Grove, ...
- Holiday Show – Sat. 12.15 @ 7:30 PM - UPDATE - 11.28.18 MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE HOLIDAY SHOW…DECEMBER 15TH AT 7:30 PM What’s the best way to kick off the holidays? By joining ...
- A Dialogue About Muslims in America - A recent poll indicates that only one-third of residents in the DC/Maryland/Virginia metropolitan area know a Muslim person. Such a situation leads to many misconceptions ...
- Yoga, Meditation & Dance Classes - Mindfulness & Meditation Class in McCathran Hall Hour long classes started on October 10th and will take place on Wednesday evenings at 7:45 PM. Please ...
- Woman’s Club News - Woman’s Club News… The Washington Grove Woman’s Club looks back on 2018 and forward to 2019 Closing the Clubhouse for the winter is always a ...
- Washington Grove Forest Health Restoration Plan – Questionnaire - The Woods Committee would appreciate your filling out a feedback questionaire on the updates presented and expert speaker discussion at the Informational Meeting on November ...
- Forestry & Beautification News - Next Meeting: Wednesday, March 13, 2019; 7:30 p.m. in the Council Room. The fall trees have arrived! Seven beautiful new hardwoods were planted in November. ...
- Alert: deer.fences, xmas.trees, yard.waste, dog.owners & town.hrs - Deer Fences Down Residents are reminded that deer fencing must be down by November 30th per Town Ordinance 3.328(g). Thanks! Christmas Tree Disposal Beginning in ...
- Elections - Residents new and old are reminded that Washington Grove is an incorporated municipality governed by its citizens on a volunteer basis. The office of Mayor ...
- Town Council Meeting Minutes November 2018 – UNAPPROVED DRAFT
- Historic Preservation Commission Meeting Minutes September 2018
- Historic Preservation Commission Meeting Minutes August 2018
- Historic Preservation Commission Meeting Minutes May 2018
- Historic Preservation Commission Meeting Minutes March 2018
- Town Council Meeting Minutes October 2018
- Planning Commission Meeting Minutes September 2018
- Town Council Meeting Agenda, December 10, 2018
- Planning Commission Meeting Agenda, December 5, 2018
- Planning Commission Meeting Agenda, November 28, 2018
- Board of Supervisors of Elections Meeting Agenda, November 26, 2018
- Historic Preservation Commission Meeting Agenda, November 20, 2018
- Town Council Meeting Agenda, November 12, 2018
- Forestry and Beautification Meeting Agenda, November 14, 2018
300 Grove Avenue
PO Box 216
Washington Grove, Maryland
Located in the lower wing of McCathran Hall, the office is usually open Monday Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday from 1:00 – 4:30 p.m. Town Clerk Kathy Lehman is available to answer your questions. Please drop by, call the office at 301-926-2256 or send an e-mail to [email protected].
M, T, Th, F » 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wed. » 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Historic Preservation Commission, Roads & Walkways, Sign Restoration Project, WG Conservation Park
Planning Commission, McCathran Hall, Montgomery Municipal Cable Board, Census Liaison, FEMA Floodplain Coordinator
Dog Park, Woods, Contracts, Shady Grove Crossing Liaison
Robert B. Gilmore
Website, Communications, Recreation
Emergency Preparedness, Maple Lake
Forestry and Beautification, Maintenance, Memorials, Playgrounds
Marc Hansen, Chair
Kathie Evans (Alternate Member)
Robert Booher, Chair
Darrell Anderson, Council Liaison
Peter Nagrod, Chair
Charlie Challstrom, Council Liaison
Meredith Horan, Supervisor
Christine Dibble (co-Chair)
Mary Warfield (co-Chair)
Forestry & Beautification
Georgette Cole, Chair
Audrey Maskery, Council Liaison
Patrice Klein (co-Chair)
Joan Mahaffey (co-Chair)
Vacant Homes Task Force
Joli A. McCathran
Mindfulness and Meditation Class
7:45 pm - 8:45 pm in McCathran Hall More Details >>
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm in McCathran Hall More Details >>
Meeting of the Planning Commission Wednesday, December 5, 2018 | 7:30 p.m. | McCathran Hall Council Room Approval of Agenda Building Permit Applications Public Appearances Approval of Minutes – November 7, 2018 Report from Town Council Pedestrian Crossing at...
NOTABLE & OFFICIAL
Next meeting: Monday, November 12, 2018; 7:30 p.m. 7:00 p.m. in the Council Room. The public is invited to attend. UPDATE - Note: Early start time (7:00 p.m.) for the November Town Council Meeting to allow time for the Woods Committee to make a presentation to the...
The Woods Committee is hosting an Informational Meeting on Tuesday, November 13th at 7:00 PM in the Town Hall to provide updates on our 3-pronged approach to restoring the health of the East and West Woods. We have invited expert speakers from the Montgomery County...
Working Draft: Introduction of Ordinance 2018-13; Election Procedures. Adopting Amendments to the Washington Grove Code of Ordinances Article X Election Procedures for Absentee Balloting, Provision Balloting, Resolution of Tie Votes, and a Bar to Political Activities....
EVENTS & RECREATION
Next Meeting: Wed., January 16, 2019; 7:30 p.m. in the Council Room. Open to the public. The Recreation Committee would love to have more volunteers to help keep our traditions going and bring in new ones. Anyone interested in joining should come to the next...
Our second movie of the season, The Spirit of the Beehive, will be shown on November 11, 7 PM in McCathran Hall. A seven-year old girl in a village in Spain drifts into a fantasy world after watching the movie Frankenstein. It’s 1940, and everyone around her is...
Final meeting of 2018 is Thursday, November 15th, at 7:00 PM in the Clubhouse What a busy, productive and fulfilling year we’ve had! Though our Clubhouse will soon be closed for the winter, we will still be working on our Community Outreach Programs to help the less...
SERVICES & ALERTS
Emergency Preparedness Committee The Emergency Preparedness Committee is in the process of drafting a proposed Risk Management and Safety Procedures for the Town and would like to hear from you about any safety-related concerns. Please come to our next Committee...
New and long-time residents alike are reminded of the Town contract for bulk leaf removal each autumn. The contractor, Green Earth, Inc., will make regular but unscheduled pickups of leaves raked or blown into windrows within six (6) feet of any roadway or walkway,...
Come one, come all, to McCathran Hall! An introductory meeting for the 2018 Washington Grove Holiday Show will take place on Sunday, October 7, from 2 to 4 p.m. If you are interested in participating in any way --- as an actor, singer, musician or dancer, as a stage...
Extra! Extra! Jeff McCrehan will share stories from his time as a reporter, producer, and editorial writer for NPR and the Christian Science Monitor on Sunday, November 4, at 3:00 pm in McCathran Hall. Hear his take on the state of American journalism, and throw in...
Next Meeting: Monday November 19 at 7:30 pm at the Klingers house (410 Center) Interested in joining the Communications Working Group, or at least in attending the next meeting? Please contact co-chairs Betsy Klinger ([email protected]) and Christine Dibble...
The Town is looking for a person to clean McCathran Hall. The job takes 3 – 4 hours per week, usually done in the late afternoon or evening. The Town provides cleaning supplies and equipment. Interested parties should contact the Town Office at 301-926-2256 or Charlie...