301-926-2256 [email protected]
Town History – From the Town Archives_btn.1217

Town History – From the Town Archives_btn.1217

By Wendy E. Harris, Volunteer Associate Archivist / photo by George Paine :: News Dispatches from Other Centuries A series devoted to describing Washington Grove’s earliest days based on historic newspapers (appearing as written) and original records in the Grove’s...
Town History – Street Signs_btn.0917

Town History – Street Signs_btn.0917

By Gail Littlefield, HPC member / photo by George Paine :: Hey, what’s the big deal about our street signs? Did you know our brown wood street signs with white letters, on wood posts, found at intersections throughout the Town, are a rare and endangered species?...
Town History – From the Town Archives_btn.0217

Town History – From the Town Archives_btn.0217

By Wendy E. Harris, Volunteer Associate Archivist / photo by George Paine :: News Dispatches from Other Centuries A series devoted to describing Washington Grove’s earliest days based on historic newspapers (appearing as written) and original records in the Grove’s...

Town History – From the Town Archives_btn.0516

By Patricia Patula, Town Archivist “The Town’s First, Fastest and Cheapest Building Permit” Note to reader. The original minutes of this portion of the Town Council’s meeting are a fun read. Special effort was made by the writer to retain as much of the original order...

Town History – From the Town Archives_btn.0415

By Wendy E. Harris; Volunteer Archivist THE TOWN’S JOURNEY TO THE NATIONAL REGISTER, PART II The National Register of Historic Places came into being in 1966 with the passage of the National Historic Preservation Act. By the end of the decade, 1200 properties...

Town History – From the Town Archives_btn.0215

By Wendy E. Harris, HPC Volunteer Archivist The Town’s Journey to the National Register As noted in the Congressional Record (Volume 126, No. 84), Washington Grove, in its entirety, was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on April 17, 1980. By...

Town History – From the Town Archives_btn.0514

by Patricia Patula, Town Archivist Aitchison Crossing. . . and the Bridge The agenda for the Town Council meeting of October 15, 1964, is an interesting combination of formal, politically correct titles of topics, such as Minutes, Treasurer’s Report, Old...
Scroll Up