8 January 2020 | Approved: 5 February 2020
Peter Nagrod called the meeting to order at 7:31 p.m. In attendance were Commissioners Jon Cohen, Georgette Cole, Robert Johnson (Alternate), and Deb Mehlferber. Also present were Eva Polston, Mike Queen, Jane Seegal, and David Stopak.
Approval of Agenda:
Charlie Challstrom moved to approve the agenda. Georgette Cole seconded the motion. There was a brief mention of revisiting the reforestation at the Cator property and criteria for the tree survival list. Approved: 5-0.
Building Permit Applications:
- 119 Grove Avenue – The Commission briefly looked at a permit for screening in the front porch at this address. The plans were not received in time for a full review and approval. It will be up for approval in February.
There were no public appearances.
Approval of the Minutes – December 4, 2019:
Georgette Cole moved to approve the December minutes. Charlie Challstrom seconded the motion. Approved: 5-0.
112 Grove Avenue – Update on Fence:
Chairman Nagrod talked with the resident and explained the Commission’s concerns with the placement of the fence. The permit had been approved with the understanding that the new fence would go in the exact same spot as the old one. That did not appear to be the case. Sally explained to Peter the fence company installed the wrong fence the first time around and would make it right when the returned with the correct fence. Deb and Charlie will go to the house and check the placement.
Report from Town Council:
Charlie Challstrom presented the following:
- Council reviewed the RFP for a West Woods Watershed Study for recommendations to mitigate, remediate, and restore the existing erosion damage and prevent future damage. Proposals are due on February 7, 2020, and work is to be completed by July 31, 2020.
- Council reviewed the RFP for the West Woods Plats and Boundary Marking to provide a subdivision plat, an identification plat for rezoning, and property markers along unmarked segments of the West Woods boundary. Proposals are due on February 7, 2020, and work is to be completed by June 30, 2020.
- Council adopted Resolution 2019-19 regarding driveways and parking areas using public ways and property (PW&P). This resolution provides criteria intended for use when reviewing a PW&P permit application for a driveway or parking area that uses any portion of public right of work or town-owned property.
Master Plan Work Session – Report & Update:
Georgette Cole reported there was no sub-committee to work on the Commercial Corner yet, but Peter Nagrod, Charlie Challstrom and Bob Booher volunteered to work on this item. Georgette will included this in the February agenda. Section 9 (Development & Preservation) will be tackled by the Historic Preservation Commission and moved to the February Work Session. Georgette would like the January Work Session to be a meeting that includes all work to date using the 11/20/19 Draft version.
Washington Grove House Records – Status Report:
Nothing to report.
- Traffic Control Plan for East Deer Park Drive Oakmont Lots 24-27 Block 2: Charlie Challstrom moved to approve the proposed sign placement with the understanding of receiving a 72 hour notice as stated in the General Notes of the plan. Peter Nagrod seconded the motion. Approval: 5-0.
- 123 Washington Grove Lane: The Commission discussed the status of the renovation at this property. The home is still under construction and has 7-9 cars parked on a regular basis. Charlie Challstrom stated the Town has a process to allow enforcement by the Mayor. This action can include issuing a Stop Work Order. The Town permit has expired. The PC Secretary will check the status in the County records.
- 412 4th Avenue – Now is the time for a measurement check on this property. Georgette will contact Code Inspector Doug Lohmeyer and ask for a measurement on this property and at 123 WG Lane.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:20 PM.
Kathryn L. Lehman, Town Clerk