Mayor Compton opened the sealed bids received from A.B. Veirs and M.T. Laney. Discussion included the following:
- Paving all or part of Ridge Road
- Planning ahead for more costly segments
- Splitting the job between the bidders
- Pro’s and con’s of partial vs. full width paving.
- The priority order of for repaving the 9 road segments in the bids.
- Budgeting for remaining segments in future fiscal years.
Action: Deferred award of a FY19 contract until the January Town Council meeting. The cost and priority of each of the nine areas proposed for repaving may be factored in to a 3 year proposal budget proposal. Councilor Anderson will explore splitting the current year work between the two contractors.