Public Hearing & Regular Meeting of the Town Council
Monday, May 20, 2019 | 7:30 p.m. | McCathran Hall Council Room
New Council Members Sworn In Councilor Areas of Responsibility
Ordinance 2019-05 Adopting The Town Budget For The Fiscal Year July 1, 2019, Through June 30, 2020, And Levying An Ad Valorem Tax On All Assessable Property Within The Town Of Washington Grove, Maryland
Summary: Maryland requires the Town adopt its Budget and Tax Rates by ordinance. This Budget was approved at the Annual Town Meeting, as well as tax rates for fiscal year 2019 as follows: an ad valorem tax rate of $0.2603 per $100 of assessed value of residential property, an ad valorem tax on the tangible personal property subject to taxation by the Town at the rate $0.70 per $100 of assessed value of operating property owned by public utilities and business personal property.
- Call To Order
- Approval of the Agenda
- Public Appearances – Please note the time allowed to speak will be limited to five minutes.
- Approval of Minutes – April 8, 2019
- Treasurer’s Report
- Election of Mayor Pro-Tempore
- Authorize Mayor to Appoint a Town Liaison to the Maryland Municipal League
- Approval of Mayor’s Appointments and Reappointments
- PC –John Cohen: appoint as full member, term 6-19 through 6-24
- HPC –Wendy Harris, Mimi Styles: reappoint to terms of 6-19 through 6-24
- Approval of Ordinance 2019-05; Adopting Town Budget for Fiscal Year July 1, 2019 Through June 30, 2020, and Levying an Ad Valorem Tax on all Assessable Property Within the Town of Washington Grove, Maryland
- Resolution 2019-08 Approving and Adopting the Montgomery County Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Discuss Open Meetings Act Requirements And Recommendation That New Council Complete Online Training
- Priorities for the Coming Year
- New Business
*The TC agenda is subject to change any time before or during the Council meeting. Please contact the Town Clerk at (301) 926-2256 to obtain current information.