Regular Meeting of the Town Council
Monday, March 8, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. | McCathran Hall Council Room
Dial-in: 301-715-8592 , Meeting ID 297 850 640 , Password 074385
Ordinance 2021-01; Amending the Washington Grove Zoning Ordinance to Terminate Certain Restrictive Covenants and to Authorize Related Legal Instruments Suitable for Recordation in the Land Records of Montgomery County.
MEETING OF THE TOWN COUNCIL
- Call to Order ~7:30 pm
- Approval of the Agenda // 3 min
- Public Appearances – Please note the time allowed to speak will be limited to five minutes. // ??? min
- Approval of Minutes – 8 February 2021 // 5 min
- Treasurer’s Report // 5 min
- Bikeway Connection – Discussion on how to proceed // 20 min
- Refuse and Recycling Contractor RFP / Recycle / Refuse – Bid opening and award of contract. // 15 min
- Mayors Announcements // 15 min
- Kudos: To the HPC, Marida Hines and Bill Saar for updating the Washington Grove Historic District page on the Town website.
- Unwelcome racial epithet graffiti.
- MCDOT project initiated to replace the Railroad Street stormwater drainage pipe from Morgan Park.
- Washington Grove Bikeways Connector Study status: summary of the Public meeting on February 17th.
- Testimony to the County Council on the Shady Grove Master Plan Minor Amendment: to change Bikeways language and to include a community solar project as a potential use on the lower field past the Meadow.
- Ordinance 2021-01 Amending the Washington Grove Zoning Ordinance to Terminate Certain Restrictive // 15 min
Covenants and to Authorize Related Legal Instruments Suitable for Recordation in the Land Records of Montgomery County – Discussion and possible adoption.
- Border Committee proposal for new signage and gateway installation. – presentation and discussion // 15 min
- Revision of the Public Ways and Property permit PDF1, PDF2 – Discussion. // 10 min
- Resolution 2021-04; Evaluation Criteria for Driveways and Parking Areas Permitting // 10 min
- Town Council Reports // 10 min
Experimental “Timber Turnpikes” installed in the East Woods
West Woods Spring clean-up.
Social Equity assessment discussed.
Pepco proposal for streetlight replacement before the state Public Service Commission.
- Old Business // ???
- New Business // ???
- Adjournment ~9:45 pm
Discussion and possible adoption.
*The TC agenda is subject to change any time before or during the Council meeting. Please contact the Town Clerk at (301) 926-2256 to obtain current information.