23 August 2010 | Approved: 13 September 2010
Mayor Anderson called the regular meeting of the Town Council to order at 7:30 p.m. In attendance were Councilors Joe Clark, Georgette Cole, Sylvie Favret and Marida Hines. Bill Robertson and Ted Kelly arrived after the approval of a motion to transfer funds. Also present were Treasurer Mary Challstrom and Town residents Charlie Challstrom, Kathie Evans, Kathi Carey-Fletcher, Bill Garoni, Diane Garoni, Terry Johnson, Barbara Leng, Joy Montefusco, Maria Montefusco, Alice Negin, Deb Tarasevich, Gary Temple and John Tomlin.
Approval of the Agenda
Georgette Cole moved, Sylvie Favret seconded that the agenda be approved. Treasurer Mary Challstrom requested the addition of a motion to transfer funds.
Vote: 4-0. Georgette Cole moved, Marida Hines seconded the motion to transfer funds in order to pay bills. Vote: 4-0.
Speeding on Ridge Road & Citizen Actions – Continued Discussion
Mayor Anderson began by stating that he appreciated efforts being made by residents to curb speeders. He went on to say that it is foolish, unlawful and dangerous to impede traffic by jumping in front of cars and/or beating on them as they speed by. Residents’ actions could cause an accident. The person jumping in front of the car would be at fault. There was a lengthy, heated discussion in which ten people expressed their concerns about speeding on Ridge Road and about the Town Council’s inability to solve this on-going problem.
Joe Clark moved to rejuvenate the speed humps on Ridge Road to the appropriate height for our 15 mph speed limit. Ted Kelly seconded the motion. Georgette Cole expressed her opposition to the motion. Vote: 5-1.
Shady Grove Crossing Landscaping Plan Update
Georgette Cole gave copies of a letter from Toll Brothers representative Jeff Driscoll. A meeting has been scheduled for August 30, 2010. Darrell Anderson asked the Council to familiarize themselves with the details of the letter. John Tomlin asked that someone from the Council make sure that the Toll Brothers sub-contractors are made aware of any agreements between Toll Brothers and the Town. There was a discussion about access to the area via Ridge Road.
- Mayor Anderson asked about an award for lifeguard Svyeta Good. A child fell at the lake and hurt her ankle. Svyeta strongly insisted to the parent that immediate medical attention was in order. The parent took the child to the ER where she was diagnosed with a broken ankle. There was a discussion about doing a resolution commending her for her actions. Georgette Cole asked that a Community Garden discussion be place on the agenda for September 13, 2010. Georgette will write a summary of the proposed action for the area which will be included in the September Town Bulletin.
- Town Council Reports – August 2010 pdf
- Deer Park Bridge Update: Mayor Anderson reported that there was nothing new on this issue.
- LOS Condemnation Update: Mayor Anderson will report on this during the Executive Session.
- Casey 6 & 7: Mayor Anderson reported that there was nothing new on this issue.
Marida Hines moved, Joe Clark seconded that the meeting go into Executive Session. Vote: 6-0. The Executive Session started at 8:30 P.M.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 p.m.