25 January 2010 | Approved: 8 February 2010
Mayor Anderson called the regular meeting of the Town Council to order at 8:35 p.m. In attendance were Councilors Charlie Challstrom, Joe Clark, Georgette Cole, and Marida Hines. Also present were Maintenance Supervisor Jim Fletcher and Town resident Ed Roberts.
Approval of the Agenda
Georgette Cole moved, Marida Hines seconded that the agenda be approved. Vote: 4-0.
The maintenance report appears in Joe Clark’s Council Report this month. Jim Fletcher and Charlie Challstrom will continue their work on the sprinkler system compressor.
Introduce Resolution 2010-02; To Amend Sections 17, 30 and 32 of the Town Charter Regarding Term of Mayor, Nominations and Elections
The Mayor and Council decided that any changes to Section 17 (Selection and Term of Mayor) of the Town Charter should have a public hearing. Charlie presented an amended document.
Charlie Challstrom moved to introduce Resolution No. 2010-02; To Amend Sections 30 and 32 of the Town Charter Regarding Nominations and Elections. Georgette Cole seconded the motion. There was a discussion about the nominations process, a Town caucus, announcements at the Woman’s Club Chili Supper and Town Welcome Packets resulting in the opinion that the Town Council should be more involved in the solicitation of volunteers to serve in Town government. Vote: 4-0.
Charlie Challstrom moved to adopt Resolution No. 2010-02; To Amend Sections 30 and 32 of the Town Charter Regarding Nominations and Elections. Georgette Cole seconded the motion. Vote: 4-0. There was additional discussion about the election process, absentee ballots and allowing write-in voting.
Introduce Resolution 2010-03; To Amend Article X, Sections 3.1 and 4.1 of the Code of Ordinances Regarding Nominations and Write-in Voting
Georgette Cole moved to introduce Ordinance No. 2010-03; Ordinance to Amend Article X, Sections 3.1 and 4.1, of the Code of Ordinances Regarding Nominations and Write-in Voting. Joe Clark seconded the motion. Vote: 4-0. The Mayor and Council set the date of February 22, 2010 for a public hearing regarding Ordinance 2010-03.
- Town Council Reports – January 2010 pdf
- Charlie Challstrom brought his streetlight update to the Mayor and Council’s attention.
- Georgette Cole gave a heads up concerning administrative changes to the Town building permit process that will be proposed by the Planning Commission in the near future.
- Casey 6 & 7: Mayor Anderson reported additional revisions have been made to the plan for these properties and another meeting with the Town will be scheduled.
- LOS Update: Mayor Anderson stated that there was nothing new to report. Strategy discussions continue.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:55 p.m.