Everyone Counts in Washington Grove – Census Day is April 1st, and the 2020 Census is easy.
The questions from the Census Bureau are simple:
- How many people were living or staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2020?
- Were there any additional people staying here on April 1, 2020 that you did not include in Question 1? (mark boxes for children, relatives, nonrelatives, staying here temporarily)
- Is this house, apartment, or mobile home (mark one box) …Owned …Rented …Occupied without payment or rent?
- What is your telephone number? We will only contact you if needed for official Census Bureau business.
- Please provide information for each person living here. (fill in or mark boxes – person’s name; sex; age and date of birth; Hispanic or Latino or Spanish origin; race)
Responding to the 2020 Census is Easy – Every household in the United States will receive a notice to complete the census – notices are expected to be in the mail on/about March 12. You can complete the form online, by phone, or by mail.
Responding to the 2020 Census is Safe – Your personal information is confidential, is protected by law, and can never be used to identify you. It can never be shared with law enforcement agencies or your property manager.
Responding to the 2020 Census is Important – This is an opportunity to create a better future for our communities and the next generation by providing an up-to-date count of our population. The date collected will help determine how over $675 billion in federal funding is distributed each year for things like housing assistance, infrastructure, and public transportation.