Save December 12Th For This Year’s Virtual Holiday Show!
Make sure to tune in on December 12th at 7:30 PM for a livestream of Cottage Fever: A Virtually Real Holiday Show! It will be like nothing you have ever seen before!
For the livestream, go to www.mmctv.org and click on Watch LIVE in the upper right-hand corner. Viewers can also watch this on TV on Channel 16 on Comcast, Verizon, and RCN. See Page 8 of this Bulletin for more information.
Shhhhhh! It’s a SECRET! No kids should read this!
The annual Grove Holiday Show (virtual, of course), Cottage Fever: A Virtually Real Holiday Show, will be livestreamed on December 12 at 7:30PM. Santa will pay his annual visit during the show but he has to make some special arrangements this year due to social distancing requirements. Therefore, he has delivered his goody bags early this year for distribution. Then they will be magically delivered by parents to the kiddos during the holiday show. Parents will want to have them hidden but handy during the show so when Santa prompts the magical delivery, you’ll be ready.
If you have kid(s) that are within that magical Santa age range, please stop by Missy Yachup’s porch at 211 Maple Ave on one of the following dates/times to pick up your goody bag(s). Our house is right across from the Acorn Library. I’ll be sitting on the porch on the walkway side of our house.
December 5: 1:00 – 3:00 PM
December 6: 1:00 – 3:00 PM
December 12: 1:00 – 3:00 PM
If you are unable to make these delivery dates/times, please contact Missy directly via cell (301-529-2421) and we can arrange a hands-free transfer.
Let’s keep the magic alive for our kids this difficult year by keeping this a SECRET!!
Virtual Holiday Show Details
Join your friends and neighbors at 7:30pm on Saturday, December 12, to enjoy “Cottage Fever: A Virtually Real Holiday Show.” It may be a virtual format, but it will be real fun.
Here’s what you need to do:
(1) Before the show, print the program, attached to the December Town bulletin (and take time to admire the artwork and design, thanks to Leigh Partington and Keith Gillis). It will also give you a sneak preview of the Grand Finale sing-along “The Grove Sleeps Tonight.”
(2) If you are a parent of a child of a certain age, be sure to pick up from Missy Yachup a gift bag from Santa. (She made special arrangements with him this year to coordinate his arrival in the Grove with parental distribution of his gifts.) See pick-up information under Recreation Committee news.
(3) The holiday show presents us with a perfect time to embrace the spirits of good will to man and of generosity, heightened this year by the COVID crisis. If you are so moved, we invite you — now or after the show — to make a donation to Manna Food Center, https://www.mannafood.org/, Gaithersburg HELP https://www.gaithersburghelp.org/, or FrontlineWorkersDC, www.FrontlineworkersDC.org.
(4) At 7:30 p.m., December 12, for the livestream, go to www.mmctv.org and click on Watch LIVE in the upper right-hand corner. Or you can watch on TV on Channel 16 on Comcast, Verizon and RCN. Get yourself set up with your TV or computer and your snack and drink of choice in advance — you won’t want to miss a minute of the show!
(5) When the show ends (about 9 p.m.) sign into Zoom for an after-party with cast, crew, and fans.