28 April 2016
Meeting attendees: Georgette Cole, Audrey Maskery, Deborah Mehlferber, Carolyn O’Connor, John Compton, Steve Werts
1. Watering schedule for the new trees and trees planted in 2015 were reviewed. See attached sheet. Steve is training two part time employees in watering wagon use.
2. Arbor Day: from 10-12 on Saturday April 30 F&B volunteers will gather in Morgan Park. Our projects are a) rake/clean the large azalea bed on the west side of the town entrance. The azaleas here are not in good shape largely due to lack of nutrients and water. Once all dead plant material has been removed the azaleas will be pruned and fertilized. On the east side of Grove Avenue volunteers will weed and prepare the area for bulbs.
3. Next Bulletin text: Georgette will write up the Arbor Day activities. Audrey will write up a short item on the best way to deal with tent caterpillars. Note: this should run a month earlier next year.
4. New Business: Steve Werts reviewed the meeting between the Montgomery County drainage experts (one individual on drainage per se and a second individual who specializes in “rain gardens”) with John McClelland, Audrey Maskery and himself. This group viewed areas in residential Town, West Woods (runoff from Washington Grove Lane) and Morgan Park where we have flooding due to a poorly placed pipe under Railroad Street. Steve also discussed some of his ideas for dealing with the runoff through Town next to the church and across Washington Grove Lane.
5. There was a brief discussion of garlic mustard piles around Town. Audrey will discuss the problems this creates with Betsy Klinger.
We decided the regular monthly meeting will now be on the fourth Wednesday of the month. Georgette will ask Kathy Lehman to reserve the Council chamber for us on this date.
Submitted by Georgette Cole, F&B Chair