/* The Divi child theme test */ 414 Brown Street | Town of Washington Grove
301-926-2256 washgrove@comcast.net

Lot and Block » Lots 8,9 & p. 7, Block 25
Name »
Built » c. 1913 Assessment records indicate 1900
Built by » Samuel Walker for Couch family
Style » Bungalow
Owner(s) » Samuel Norment, original owner (#37) John T. Meany, 17 November 1906 (#687) stock not on lot Samuel H. Walker, 1907 (lots 1-9 #s 699, 702, 707) Frank B. & Mildred Couch, 8 June 1910 (#755), deed 1937 Mildred A. Myers, by 1946 Jenne family Raymond L. & M. C. Jenne (liber 1072 folio 389) Walter S. Wilkerson, by 1988
Remarks » Samuel Walker original owner #s 702 and 707. Share 699 conveyed from John T. Meany. House built with furnace but limited indoor plumbing (outhouse used originally) and no electricity. Water pump was located on back porch, used to pump water into basement tank to supply an early type of running water. Myers lived at 2217 Observatory Place NW.
Sources » Summary of Washington Grove Assn deeds, 1935-37, Land Records, Town Archives; Edwards, 239-242; Phil Edwards notes; Town Directories; 1946 tax list; Town records.

Scroll Up