Mayor and Town Council
Washington Grove is governed by a Council of citizens consisting of six elected Councilors and a Mayor. The names of, and contact information for, the current Mayor and Councilors are available in the “Mayor and Town Council; Areas of Responsibility” drop-down menu on the home page. Elections are held yearly in May, with two councilor positions rotating for election each year. Council meetings are held at 7:30 p.m. on the second Monday of every month.
Each Councilor is liaison to (typically) two Town Committees, with responsibilities to attend meetings of those committees and report back on their activities. Individual Councilors are also responsible for administration of contracts for road maintenance, trash and recycling pickup, tree maintenance, and other ongoing upkeep efforts.
Related Articles of the Town Charter
Mayor and Town Council News
Total ballots counted: 180 (55 of these were absentee). For Mayor Candidates John Compton: 140 votes Write-ins Joli McCathran: 10 votes Bob Booher: 2 Ed Roberts: 1 Bruce Rothrock: 1 Morgan the dog: 1 Chipmunk in my yard: 1 For Town Council Candidates Eva...
The Town Council of Washington Grove will conduct a virtual Public Hearing on Monday, May 9, 2022, at 7:00 PM to take public comment on the Draft 2022 Comprehensive Plan. The draft Plan was submitted by the Planning Commission Chair as required by Maryland state law...
Agenda for April 11, 2022 Town Council Meeting (PDF)
Latest Town Council Minutes
(View older minutes in the Meeting Minutes Archive)
- Minutes of the March 22, 2022 Town Council Budget Worksession
- March 2022 Town Council Meeting Minutes
- February 2022 Town Council Meeting Minutes
- January 2022 Town Council Meeting Minutes
Written Testimony and Correspondence
- From the Mayor and/or Town Councilors to external parties (e.g., to Montgomery County Council, Mayor of City of Gaithersburg, U.S. Senators)
- From Town residents to the Mayor and/or Town Council. This includes all written letters, emails and submissions to the Mayor and/or Council dated August 1, 2021 or later, including submissions made as part of a public appearance at a Town Council meeting. To be listed on the page that this paragraph links to, emails must be sent to the Mayor and/or Council via the Town’s email address, [email protected]; emails published on the Town’s informal listserv will not be included.