Mayor and Town Council
Washington Grove is governed by a Council of citizens consisting of six elected Councilors and a Mayor. The names of, and contact information for, the current Mayor and Councilors are available in the “Mayor and Town Council; Areas of Responsibility” drop-down menu on the home page. Elections are held yearly in May, with two councilor positions rotating for election each year. Council meetings are held at 7:30 p.m. on the second Monday of every month.
Each Councilor is liaison to (typically) two Town Committees, with responsibilities to attend meetings of those committees and report back on their activities. Individual Councilors are also responsible for administration of contracts for road maintenance, trash and recycling pickup, tree maintenance, and other ongoing upkeep efforts.
Related Articles of the Town Charter
Written Testimony and Correspondence
- From the Mayor and/or Town Councilors to external parties (e.g., to Montgomery County Council, Mayor of City of Gaithersburg, U.S. Senators)
- From Town residents to the Mayor and/or Town Council. This includes all written letters, emails and submissions to the Mayor and/or Council dated August 1, 2021 or later, including submissions made as part of a public appearance at a Town Council meeting. To be listed on the page that this paragraph links to, emails must be sent to the Mayor and/or Council via the Town’s email address, [email protected]; emails published on the Town’s informal listserv will not be included.
Other Related Documents
- Meeting Minutes:
- Ordinances and resolutions passed by the Council
- Online version of Council Handbook (currently on Google Drive)
- Table Showing Mayors and Members of the Town Council 1970 to 2023 (PDF)