Mayor and Town Council
Washington Grove is governed by a Council of citizens consisting of six elected Councilors and a Mayor. The names of, and contact information for, the current Mayor and Councilors are available in the “Mayor and Town Council; Areas of Responsibility” drop-down menu on the home page. Elections are held yearly in May, with two councilor positions rotating for election each year. Council meetings are held at 7:30 p.m. on the second Monday of every month.
Each Councilor is liaison to (typically) two Town Committees, with responsibilities to attend meetings of those committees and report back on their activities. Individual Councilors are also responsible for administration of contracts for road maintenance, trash and recycling pickup, tree maintenance, and other ongoing upkeep efforts.
Related Articles of the Town Charter
Mayor and Town Council News
A virtual joint public meeting will be held by the Town Council, the Planning Commission, and the Historic Preservation Commission on Wednesday September 22nd at 7:30p. The meeting will begin with a presentation by Fred Strachura, President of the Maryland Association...
The final version of Ordinance 2020-13, enacted January 11, 2021 re: the use and enjoyment of the woods and any Town park or land; removal of archeological or cultural artifacts or fossils; and injury to or removal of trees, plants or minerals in the woods, parks or...
The final version of Ordinance 2020-11 re: minimum setback requirements for accessory buildings in residential zones is now available (PDF). As recent ordinances are finalized and added to the website, they will be available on the Town Ordinances Announcements page...
Latest Town Council Minutes
(View older minutes in the Meeting Minutes Archive)
- Minutes of June 30, 2021 Special Town Council Meeting — Responding to the Shared Use Bike Path Petition
- July 2021 Town Council Meeting Minutes
- June 2021 Town Council Meeting Minutes
- Town Council Meeting Minutes May 2021 – UNAPPROVED DRAFT
Written Testimony and Correspondence
- From the Mayor and/or Town Councilors to external parties (e.g., to Montgomery County Council, Mayor of City of Gaithersburg, U.S. Senators)
- From Town residents to the Mayor and/or Town Council. This includes all written letters, emails and submissions to the Mayor and/or Council dated August 1, 2021 or later, including submissions made as part of a public appearance at a Town Council meeting. To be listed on the page that this paragraph links to, emails must be sent to the Mayor and/or Council via the Town’s email address, [email protected]; emails published on the Town’s informal listserv will not be included.