Shared Use Connector and Path to Metro
The Montgomery County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) has held two public meetings for the Washington Grove Connector – Crabbs Branch Extension Projects Study. The two projects will simultaneously evaluate the feasibility of two master planned connections from the terminus of Crabbs Branch Way to the Town. These projects would also improve connectivity to the Shady Grove Metro as well as retail and commercial areas south of MD-200/I-370.
The Crabbs Branch Way Extension Project will evaluate the feasibility of creating a road and bike path connection between Crabbs Branch Way and Amity Drive. As of March 2021, this project is only funded for planning, not for design or construction. The Washington Grove Connector Project will evaluate the feasibility of creating a bike path-only connection between Crabbs Branch Way and the Town. As of March 2021, this project is funded for planning, design, and construction.
Major Documents Related to Washington Grove’s Evaluation of the Connector
- Reports and correspondence of the Washington Grove Connector Shared Use Pathway Project Liaison (SUPPL) Committee
- Resolution 2021-13, designating lower Brown Street as the preferred shared-use pathway connection for the WG Connector (PDF)
- MC DOT map of four options for locations of connector (PDF), plus Task Force explanation of the map (PDF)
- Letter from the Mayor to MC DOT re Town review of the various options for a shared use bike path connection (July 21, 2021) (PDF)
- Town Council “Act Favorably” Response Proposed by Councilor Raimondo to Shared Use Path Petition (June 30, 2021) (PDF)
- HPC Resolution on the Bike Path adopted March 16, 2021 (PDF) and Bike Path Resolution transmittal cover email (PDF)
- Testimony of the Mayor before the County Council on the Shady Grove Master Plan Amendment (February 21, 2021) (PDF)
- Can’t find it in this list? View all documents relating to the shared use path.
Latest Shared Use Path News
Questions? Contact Jay Everhart, Chair, Shared Use Pathway Project Liaison (SUPPL) Committee