5 May 2010 | Approved: 2 June 2010
Chairman Evans called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. In attendance were Commissioners Samantha Beres, Georgette Cole, Eric Gleason and Steve Werts.
Approval of Minutes
Eric Gleason moved to approve the April minutes as amended. Samantha Beres seconded the motion. Approved: 5-0.
- 114 Ridge Rd: Ralph Hurst presented the proposed change to the Planning Commission. Eric Gleason reported that the proposed change maintained the setback requirements. There was a brief discussion.
Eric Gleason moved to approve the amendment to the plans for a bathroom addition at 114 Ridge Road. Georgette Cole seconded the motion. Approved: 5-0.
127 Washington Grove Lane: Eric Gleason explained the details of the placement of the proposed shed. A discussion ensued. The Commission concluded that a boundary survey was not needed because;
- A boundary survey for the neighboring property (125 WG Lane) from which the side setback would be measured existed and markers are in the ground.
- A shed is not a permanent structure, thus could easily be moved.
- The shed is 10 ft. from the property line and not violative of the setback requirements stated in Article VII, Section 9(1).
Eric Gleason moved to approve the permit application for 127 Washington Grove Lane. Steve Werts seconded the motion. Approved: 5-0. The residents will not be notified until after this project has been reviewed by the HPC.
Update on Enforcement Issues
- 103 Brown St. – Chairman Evans explained to architect Ralph Hurst that the Code Inspector’s report concluded that the adjustments made to the breezeway roof at 103 Brown Street were not done in accordance with the submitted amendment to the original plan. The home is still non-compliant. A discussion ensued. This matter has been turned over to Mayor Anderson. The Planning Commission reviewed and concurred with the Code Inspector’s report which states that there is an inconsistency between the approved plan and what was actually built, therefore, Steve Werts moved to recommend that the appropriate action be taken by the Mayor. Eric Gleason seconded the motion. Approved: 5-0.
- 517 Washington Grove Lane – Steve Werts reported that the steps in question are 40 inches high and that the stoop is in the setback. Because of the age of the original stoop, it was determined that the new stoop did not further the degree of non-compliance. Georgette Cole moved to treat the new stoop/roof/porch posts as an existing non-compliance since the degree of non-compliance was not increased (Article VII, Section5.31) and to take no further action. Samantha Beres seconded the motion. Approved: 5-0.
Update on Mansionization Process
The Commission thanked Eric Gleason for his work on a draft Power Point template for the Mansionization Public Forum scheduled for June 16, 2010. Chairman Evans stated that the forum will include discussion of the following five (5) items:
- Zoning measurements
- Maximum home size
- FAR (floor area ratio)
- Trigger mechanisms
- Neighborhood Averaging
Chairman Evans thanked everyone for their help with this difficult project.
Boundary Survey Requirements & Code Inspection Issues – Discussion
The boundary survey was discussed during the review of the permit application for 127 W.G. Lane.
Code Inspection Issues: The Commission discussed when the two (2) inspections of a major building project should take place. It was decided that the first inspection by the Code Inspector would take place after the footers were complete and the block walls were started (wall check). The second inspection will be a height check which, in some cases, may not be necessary.
Report from the Town Council
Georgette Cole presented a written report (Exhibit A), via e-mail, to the Commissioners. There were no questions
Chairman Evans reported that he would be making note of the new regulations regarding fees, the Code Inspector and boundary surveys at the Town Meeting on May 8th.
Chairman Evans also asked that the Evans permit, the Land/Dibble permit and the outstanding issue with 103 Brown Street be added to the new database. The Clerk will copy the log-in sheets and give the info. to Eric.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:02 p.m.