/* The Divi child theme test */ 15 The Circle | Town of Washington Grove
301-926-2256 washgrove@comcast.net

(alt. No. 62)
Lot and Block » Lots 6,7,8, Block 16 Old Lots 7-9, Block 6
Name »
Built » c. 1875-85 Assessment records indicate 1875
Built by »
Style »
Owner(s) » Emmons, original owner (by 1886) Jos. W. Carter, by 5 April 1906 James W. Carter, 1937 through 1946 (lots 6-7)
Lot and Block » Lot 8 (Ella F. Carter) sold for taxes 1946 Edith Carter Emmons, by 1954 (liber 2112 folio 326) with Mrs. Lilia Cryer, by 1960 to before 1972 Edith C. & J. C. Emmons, 6 March 1972 (liber 4190 folio 236) Christopher & Kathleen K. Dell, 30 December 1975 (liber 4732 folio 650) Jaime F. Noriega, by 1988 Nils E. Erickson & John R. Rumble Jr., 1989 George T. Paine, 1 August 1990 (liber 9420 folio 814; also liber 9420 folio 830) * note: house owned by same family for close to a century
Remarks » In 1873, George E. Emmons worked at 303 Pennsylvania Ave SE, lived at 1019 G St SE. 405 Sixth Avenue moved from yard of this house. In 1906 Jos. Carter lived at 150 D Street SE; requested permission to build 8-foot porch on cottage. James Carter was Edith Emmons’ father. By 1946 James Carter also owned lots 3-4 block 22 (across Grove Road). Shown as vacant in 1957 Town Directory. Rear addition including family room, loft and decks added by the Dells (building permit 072497 issued 1976). Erickson & Rumble bought house for renovation and resale, did extensive cosmetic work. In 1990 Paine replaced roof and oil furnace, and added central air conditioning (using existing ductwork). Deeds 668: 425; 668:428; 668:496.

Scroll Up