Racial and Social Equity Committee (RASEC)
The Racial and Social Equity Committee (RASEC) was formed in 2020 to provide opportunities to build awareness, engage in mutual learning, and recommend actions that will foster a thriving, inclusive, and diverse community.
If you would like to join or learn more, call one of the contacts or send an email to: [email protected].
The goals of the Committee are to:
- Learn and share knowledge about the history of racial injustice as it relates to Washington Grove and other communities,
- Examine policies and practices (including those that are seemingly neutral) to determine whether they are contributing to racial inequity and promoting inclusivity,
- Build relationships and make amends with neighboring communities, and
- Collaborate with other town commissions and committees to realize the above goals.
To accomplish its work, the committee has established a Leadership Team and set up the following subcommittees:
- Town Inclusivity
- Research and Education
- Neighboring Communities
- All agendas and minutes are located at https://bit.ly/RASECDocs
- View the committee’s Procedural Guidelines here (PDF)