Rules and Regulations for Rental of the Woman’s Club Clubhouse
1. The Clubhouse may be reserved by anyone on a first-come, first-served basis. However, the representatives of the Woman’s Club of Washington Grove reserve the right to refuse use of the Clubhouse to any applicant whose use may cause a hardship to the Washington Grove community. Such hardship may include, but not be limited to, excessive noise, excessive traffic, excessive number of guests, or other use inconsistent with the spirit of the community.
2. Reservations will be accepted by any person so designated by the Woman’s Club of Washington Grove. Reservations will be confirmed upon receipt of a signed application accompanied by two separate checks for the security deposit and user fees according to the following schedule:
Security Deposit: $300 per event
- Woman’s Club Member* $100 per day (8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.)
- Resident $150 per day (8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.)
- Non-resident $250 per day (8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.)
The following items may be rented separately by Washington Grove residents only:
- Clubhouse Kitchen: 50% of rental amount and full security deposit
- Clubhouse Chairs: $300 security deposit
*Renter must be a member of The Woman’s Club of Washington Grove for at least 90 days in order to rent the Clubhouse for the Woman’s Club Member fee. There is no penalty for cancellation of a reservation at least 15 days prior to the reserved date. One-half of the rental amount will be forfeited for any cancellation during the 14 days prior to the reserved date.
3. The Clubhouse may not be used prior to 8:00 a.m. or after 11:00 p.m.
4. The person making the reservation shall be solely liable for the conduct and actions of his/her guests, including damage to, or destruction of, any Clubhouse or other Washington Grove property, real or personal, and indemnifies and holds the Woman’s Club of Washington Grove harmless against any liability in connection therewith. The renter must be present at the event for which he/she has rented the
5. Use of Clubhouse furniture is restricted to the Clubhouse building and surrounding garden. The long benches may be used only on the porch or in the building due to the age and condition of these benches. Clubhouse linens are NOT for use by renters.
6. Charging of any admission fee is prohibited.
7. Smoking is prohibited in the Clubhouse building.
8. Alcohol may be served only by written permit, obtainable by the renter at least one week in advance from the Mayor of the Town of Washington Grove.
9. Limited parking is available on Chestnut Road adjacent to the Clubhouse. Parking is prohibited on Miller Drive and all designated walkways. Requests to use the church parking lot, which is located across from the Clubhouse, may be made by calling 301-869-3753.
10. Electronically amplified music causing a disturbance to neighboring residents is prohibited.
11. Trash removal and sweeping of the Clubhouse is the sole responsibility of the person renting the Clubhouse.
12. The security deposit shall be refunded in full if: all trash is removed and properly disposed; the Clubhouse has been swept clean; the furnishings and fixtures of the Clubhouse and surrounding area have not been abused, stolen, damaged, or soiled. The security deposit may be withheld if these conditions have not been fully satisfied, or if there is any other violation of the rules and regulations for use of the Clubhouse.
13. Repairs for damages caused by a renter of the Clubhouse shall be made only as authorized by The Woman’s Club of Washington Grove. If the cost of repairs exceeds the security deposit, an additional assessment against the renter will be made. Payment of such additional assessment is the sole responsibility of the person renting the Clubhouse and is due and payable upon notification. In the even that The Woman’s Club is forced to institute legal action to collect such assessment, the renter shall be liable for reasonable attorney’s fees and costs incurred by The Woman’s Club in connection therewith.
14. A representative of The Woman’s Club will admit renters and give instructions on closing and locking the Clubhouse.
15. As there is no telephone on the premises, it is recommended that you bring a cellular phone.