Former: 103 Center Street
Lot and Block » Lots 1-3, Block 6
Built » 1965
Built by »
Style » Colonial Revival
Owner(s) » Washington Grove Methodist Church (liber 2951 folio 665), by 1988
Remarks » Site of Superintendent’s cottage, owned by August H. Sorgenfrei, 1911; and Edward N. & Edna L. Aiken, 1939. The cottage, no longer standing, was possibly first Grove structure for year-round use, and was first residence with a telephone for private purposes.. Rynex’s had a live-in servant, Zach Lewis. Present house is church parsonage: Rev. Harold B. Wright II, by 1988-c1990; Rev Carolyn Swift, c1990-present.
Sources » Tax List, 1946; Town Directories; Assessment records; 1939 deed, land records, Town archives, Edwards p. 207, 236, 252 (also see 217-218); Frank Rynex oral history 1987.