Regular Meeting of the Town Council
Monday, April 12, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. | McCathran Hall Council Room
Join via Internet: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/297850640?pwd=czh3ODBEdEpTeXdkRTc5bDFmLzN2UT09
Dial-in: 301-715-8592 , Meeting ID 297 850 640 , Password 074385
- Call to Order 7:30 pm
- Approval of the Agenda // 3 min
- Public Appearances – Please note the time allowed to speak will be limited to five minutes. ??? min
- Approval of Minutes – 8 March 2021 // 5 min
- Treasurer’s Report
- Mayors Announcements // 10 min
- Sidewalk graffiti update.
- Commendation presented to Washington Grove postal workers.
- MCDOT response to Mayor’s letter conveying the Council preference for the Brown Street connection and requesting Washington Grove be involved in design and construction.
- Appointment of a Bicycle Connection liaison group to work with the County on implementing the Crabbs Branch multiuser path.
- Request for proposal ideas to use American Rescue Plan funds available to the Town.
- Mayor’s Nominations to the Board of Supervisors of Elections – Reappointment of Nick Suzich, Margaret Cavenagh and David Hix to 2-year terms (March 2021 thru February 2023) // 5 min.
- 2021 Town Election – Discussion of procedures and in-person voting proposed by the Board of Supervisors of Elections. // 10 min
- Resolution 2021-06; Providing for Convening the 2021 Annual Town Meeting Electronically, and Giving Notice Electronically, and Providing Special Rules of Order for Communicating By Electronic Means, and Establishing Other Rules to Respond to Technical or Practical Difficulties, and Adopting the Proposed Budget as a Provisional Budget // 5 min
– Discussion and vote.
- FY 2022 Annual Town Budget and Tax Rate – Discussion and recommendation to the Town Meeting. // 15 min
- Ordinance 2021-05; Adopting the Town Budget FY 2022 – Introduction. // 5 min
- Ordinance 2021-07 Setting Fees and Expiration of Archeological Permits, and Retitling of Article I – Introduction and setting a Public Hearing date. // 10 min
- Resolution 2021-08; Town Expectations and Policy to Minimize Adverse Effects on Town Residents and the Environment Resulting from Construction of a Multiuser Pathway Between the Town and Crabbs Branch Way – Review, introduction and possible adoption. // 10 min
- Re-opening McCathran Hall to public use – Discussion. // 15 min
- Roadwork RFP – review and approval. // 5 min
- Testimony to the Maryland Public Service Commission on the Pepco tariff application – Discussion and approval. // 10 min
- Montgomery Chapter of the Maryland Municipal League Resolution Demanding Fair Tax Duplication Payments from the County Council – Authorize Mayor to support the resolution // 10 min
- Town Council Reports Selected matters: // 10 min
- Annual Planning Commission Report to State of Maryland
- Lighting Committee proposal to install low-voltage lighting fixtures outside McCathran Hall for evaluation.
- Town responsibility for snow and ice on Washington Grove Lane sidewalks.
- Old Business ???
- New Business ???
- Adjournment ~9:30 pm
*The TC agenda is subject to change any time before or during the Council meeting. Please contact the Town Clerk at (301) 926-2256 to obtain current information.