Regular Meeting of the Town Council
Monday, June 14, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. | McCathran Hall Council Room
Join via Internet: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/297850640?pwd=czh3ODBEdEpTeXdkRTc5bDFmLzN2UT09
Dial-in: 301-715-8592 , Meeting ID 297 850 640 , Password 074385
- Call to Order 6:30 pm
- Designation of Individuals to Receive Open Meetings Training.
- Notice of Intent to Close the Meeting for the Following Purpose – To obtain legal advice from the Town Attorney on Town Charter Section 15 relating to the petition process and responses by the Town Council. – Required Closing Statement PDF, discussion and vote to close the meeting.
- Town Council Meets in Closed Session – Public will be excluded.
- Public Town Council Meeting Resumes – Public admitted to the meeting 7:30 pm
- Approval of the Agenda // 5 min
- Public Appearances – Please note: The time allowed to speak may be limited to 2 minutes. // ???
Also: Written statements submitted as part of a public appearance will be noted in the Minutes and will be available from the Town Office after the meeting.
- Approval of Minutes – 17 May 2021 // 5 min
- Treasurers Report PDF // 5 min
- Resolution 2021-09 Budget Transfers PDF – Discussion and adoption. // 5 min
- Shared Use Bike Path Petition PDF – Discussion and action. // 45 min
- Mayor’s Announcements // 15 min
- Electric vehicle charging stations in Washington Grove.
- SITP will be held this year if there is enough interest.
- American Rescue Plan – US Treasury guidance issued, deadline for 2021 funds access.
- Racoons violate McCathran Hall closure policy – unvaccinated though masked, and unwelcome!
- Administrative Matters // 20 min
- Mayor’s Appointment to the Board of Zoning Appeals.
- Mayor’s Reappointment to the Planning Commission.
- Mayor’s Reappointments to the Historic Preservation Commission.
- Town website management.
- Adopting audio/video recordings as the official Minutes of Town Council Meeting.
- OMA Training for Council, Mayor, Planning Commission and Historic Preservation Commission – REMINDER
- Town Council Reports – Of note: // 10 min
- McCathran Hall reopening: status of revised rental and waiver form, Hall cleaning service.
- RFP for new signage.
- Road Work Request for Proposal – Discussion and possible award of contract. // 10 min
- Re-opening the Town Office and the Old Council Room – Discussion // 10 min
- Improvements to the entrances into Town – Consideration of proposed identity fencing and replacment of the Brown Street gate. // 10 min
- Old Business // ???
- New Business // 5 min
- Letter requesting alternatives be explored to PO Boxes at the Post Office.
- Adjournment ~9:45 pm
*The TC agenda is subject to change any time before or during the Council meeting. Please contact the Town Clerk at (301) 926-2256 to obtain current information.