21 December 2009 | Approved: 11 January 2010
Mayor Anderson called the regular meeting of the Town Council to order at 7:34 p.m. In attendance were Councilors Charlie Challstrom, Joe Clark, Georgette Cole, Sylvie Favret and Marida Hines. Ted Kelly arrived during the Council Reports. Also present were Treasurer Mary Challstrom and Maintenance Supervisor Jim Fletcher.
Approval of the Agenda
Charlie Challstrom moved, Joe Clark seconded that the agenda be approved. Vote: 5-0.
Jim Fletcher reported that he had constructed a noise suppression box for the sprinkler system compressor and that it has helped with the noise. However, he believes that installation of thicker rubber bushings and hydraulic hoses would also help. He will continue to work on this.
Appoint Planning Commission Member
Mayor Anderson announced that he would like to appoint Samantha Beres (119 Washington Grove Lane) as a member of the Planning Commission. Charlie Challstrom moved to approve the Mayor’s appointment of Samantha Beres. Georgette Cole seconded the motion. Vote: 5-0. Mayor Anderson also stated that there was still a vacancy on the Fire Board.
- Town Council Reports – December 2009 pdf
- There was a discussion about the recent blizzard (22") and snow removal. The Mayor and Council were pleased with the contractor’s use of sand and salt. The Mayor and Council briefly discussed each of the following subjects; Emergency Preparedness, more adequate sanding of Ridge Road hill, Joe Clark’s Community Liaison Committee and the Charter Amendment for write-in votes in Town elections.
- Casey 6 & 7: Mayor Anderson reported that the County still has not purchased the land from Roberts Oxygen that is needed to make the move of the Service Parks a more viable one. A final community presentation still has to happen.
- LOS Update: Mayor Anderson reported that there was nothing new here. Nothing has been filed to appeal the December 3rd injunction. Charlie Challstrom asked about the use of a mediation service.
- Deer Park Bridge: Mayor Anderson reported that he would be writing letters to our representatives in Congress and the Senate asking for help with the current issue of bridge clearance.
- 344 Ridge Road: Mayor Anderson gave a status of the property. He explained the screening agreement with the neighbors and the agreement between Mr. Arnold and the Town. He reinforced the fact that the goal was to get Mr. Arnold’s house finished.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:40 p.m.