22 March 2010 | Approved: 12 April 2010
Mayor Anderson called the regular meeting of the Town Council to order at 7:32 p.m. In attendance were Councilors Charlie Challstrom, Joe Clark, Georgette Cole, Marida Hines and Ted Kelly. Also present were Treasurer Mary Challstrom, Maintenance Supervisor Jim Fletcher and Town resident Ann Briggs. Sylvie Favret arrived during the gravel discussion.
Approval of the Agenda
Joe Clark moved, Marida Hines seconded that the agenda be approved. Draft Ordinance 2010-04 was added to the #6 position. Vote: 5-0.
Spring Graveling Priorities
Joe Clark presented the following graveling priorities;
- McCathran Hall parking lot area at Chestnut Rd. & Center St.
- Maple Lake parking lot
- Miller Drive
The remaining budget number is $3,200.00. A discussion ensued.
The Mayor and Council asked Jim Fletcher to obtain an estimate from Larry Musser for #1 and #2. If there is any money left other areas will be considered.
There was a brief discussion about brush pickup and the Town truck.
Budget Work Session
The session began at 7:56 PM and ended at 9:52 PM.
Draft Ordinance No. 2010-04 – Introduction
Georgette Cole moved to introduce Ordinance No. 2010-04; To Amend Article XVI of the Code of Ordinances Regarding Fees for Building Permits. Charlie Challstrom seconded the motion. There was a lengthy discussion about the wording of the last sentence in Section 3(b). Georgette Cole moved to withdraw the motion to introduce Ordinance No. 2010-04. Marida Hines seconded the motion. Vote: 6-0. The ordinance will be introduced at a future meeting.
- Town Council Reports – March 2010 pdf
- There were no questions about the Council Reports. There was a brief mention about the PC/HPC joint meetings on mansionization and the use of FAR (floor area ratio).
- LOS Update: Mayor Anderson showed the Council the latest drawing from M-NCPPC that will be used for the appraisal of the land.
- Casey 6 & 7: Mayor Anderson reported that the plan for this land was sent for a mandatory referral. The Mayor will write a letter to complain about an apparent breach in process. Hearings will happen in approximately 60 days.
There was no new business.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:42 p.m.