Regular Meeting of the Town Council
Monday, October 12, 2020 | 7:30 p.m. | McCathran Hall Council Room
Dial-in: 301-715-8592 , Meeting ID 297 850 640 , Password 074385
- Call to Order
- Approval of the Agenda
- Public Appearances – Please note the time allowed to speak will be limited to five minutes.
- Approval of Minutes – 14 September 2020
- 5. Mayor’s Appointment to the Historic Preservation Commission – Approval of Jeff McCrehan
as the Alternate member for a 3-year term ending June 30, 2023.
- Mayors Announcements
- To the HPC upon successful culmination of the Town’s application for expansion of our National Historic Registry boundaries – publication in the National Register of increased boundaries and additional documentation.
- WSSC Sewer project status.
- Update on request to remove certain restrictive covenants originating from the sale of property by the Town from the deed for 201 Chestnut Avenue.
- Appointment of Dave Cosson as Town Council liaison to the Racial Equity and Social Justice Committee.
- Follow-up letter to MCDOT on their response to EPSC/Town safety concerns on Washington Grove Lane.
- Salt Barn – update.
- Washington Grove Bikeways Connector Study update.
- MML 2021 legislative priority: Highway User Revenue restoration.
- Montgomery County Mayors meetings, and THRIVE 2050, Montgomery County’s update of the General Plan.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Comprehensive Master Plan update
- Washington Grove Community Solar Project – presentation by the Sustainability subgroup.
- Ordinance 2020-11 Zoning Text Amendment Modifying Front Setback Requirements for Accessory Buildings – Introduction and Set Date for Public Hearing.
- Draft Ordinance to Amend Article I, Adding Section 15 (Vehicle Use in Town Woods)
- Section 16 (Archaeological and Cultural Artifacts and Fossils) and
- Section 17 (Removal of Trees, Plants or Minerals) – discussion.
- Town Council Reports – Discussion
- Halloween plans by the Recreation Committee.
- Racial Equity and Social Justice Committee.
- Leaf Collection Contract annual renewal.
- Old Business: Amendment of the August 10, 2020 Town Council Minutes // 10 min
- New Business
- Adjournment ~10:00p
*The TC agenda is subject to change any time before or during the Council meeting. Please contact the Town Clerk at (301) 926-2256 to obtain current information.