Shared Use Connector and Path to Metro
The Montgomery County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) has held two public meetings for the Washington Grove Connector – Crabbs Branch Extension Projects Study. The two projects will simultaneously evaluate the feasibility of two master planned connections from the terminus of Crabbs Branch Way to the Town. These projects would also improve connectivity to the Shady Grove Metro as well as retail and commercial areas south of MD-200/I-370.
The Crabbs Branch Way Extension Project will evaluate the feasibility of creating a road and bike path connection between Crabbs Branch Way and Amity Drive. As of March 2021, this project is only funded for planning, not for design or construction. The Washington Grove Connector Project will evaluate the feasibility of creating a bike path-only connection between Crabbs Branch Way and the Town. As of March 2021, this project is funded for planning, design, and construction.
Major Documents Related to Washington Grove’s Evaluation of the Connector
- MC DOT map of four options for locations of connector (PDF), plus Task Force explanation of the map (PDF)
- Letter from the Mayor to MC DOT re Town review of the various options for a shared use bike path connection (July 21, 2021) (PDF)
- Draft Evaluation Plan under consideration for adoption by the Task force (PDF)
- Request for Volunteers to Serve on the Shared Use Path Connection Taskforce (July 1, 2021) (PDF)
- Proposed Town Council “Act Favorably” Response to Shared Use Path Petition (June 30, 2021) with Petition attached (PDF)
- Testimony of the Mayor before the County Council on the Shady Grove Master Plan Amendment (February 21, 2021) (PDF)
- Letter from the Mayor to the MNCPPC Montgomery County Planning Board (May 13, 2020) (PDF)
Looking for a Task Force document and can’t find what you need? Check out the Task Force’s Shared Use Path documents page on Google Drive.
Latest Shared Use Path News
Approve Agenda Approval of the Minutes from July 21, 2021 (5 min.) Administrative Issues (10 min.) Set dates for two meetings open to questions and discussion by Town residents Making Google Docs visible Establish a liaison to Department of Transportation Review...
This will be the second organizational Task Force meeting. Attached is the draft agenda. The public is invited to attend. However public opportunity to speak is not anticipated at this meeting. Written comments are always welcome. Those attending the meeting must...
The first meeting of the Washington Grove Shared Use Bike Path Connection Task Force will be held by Zoom on Monday, July 19, 2021 at 7:30. This meeting is for the purpose of organizing Task Force efforts. View: the draft Agenda, a list of Shared Use Bike Path...