A Town Within a Forest
The Grove Outdoors
The Grove Indoors
History of Washington Grove
The Grove for Newcomers
- Have You Lived in Your Home for 40 Consecutive Years? - Have You Lived in Your Home for 40 Consecutive Years? If you have owned and lived in your home for 40 consecutive years, you may be eligible for a property tax credit. The assessment on your property must be $650,000 or less. Property Tax Credit for Elderly Individuals and for Military Retirees was enacted by […]
- (2) New Resolutions for the Town of Washington Grove - WASHINGTON GROVE DOG PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS (Resolution# 2018-06; Adopted and Effective September 10, 2018) RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE CONSTRUCTION OF A TOWN DOG PARK ON ...
- Town Council Mtg + News - Next meeting: Monday, September 10, 2018; 7:30 p.m. in the Council Room. The public is invited to attend. Actions at the August meeting include: acceptance ...
- New Process for Town Council Minutes - Unapproved, draft minutes of the Town Council meetings will now be available on the Town website or upon request to the Town Office approximately a ...
- Kudos to the Street Sign Rehabilitation Team! - Thanks to the persistent efforts of our indefatigable volunteers, we can report that 106 street signs have now been rehabilitated and remounted at Town intersections ...
- WC Pot Luck Supper + Auctions - Our Pot Luck Supper, Auctions, and Other Community Outreach Programs September 21st Pot Luck Supper and Auctions at McCathran Hall This year’s Annual Pot Luck ...
- Film Society Kicks Off New Season in October 7th - The 19th series of the Washington Grove Film Society will begin on October 7 (see insert in this bulletin). Subscriptions go on sale at the ...
- MAHDC Washington Grove Tour – Sunday, October 21, 2018 - We are honored that the Maryland Association of Historic District Commissions (MAHDC) has asked us to organize a walking tour of Town for its membership. ...
- Have You Lived in Your Home for 40 Consecutive Years? - Have You Lived in Your Home for 40 Consecutive Years? If you have owned and lived in your home for 40 consecutive years, you may ...
- WG Mindfulness + Meditation + Yoga - Meditation in The Grove/Mindfulness & Meditation Class New resident Eleni Khan invites you to enjoy group guided meditations and mindfulness exercises. We will be calming ...
- Let There Be Dancing + More Dancing - Let There Be Dancing! Mark your calendars! Betsy and Al Taylor, callers for Taylor Made Squares, are happy to announce we have scheduled a series ...
- Town Council Meeting Minutes August 2018
- Historic Preservation Commission Meeting Minutes June 2018
- Planning Commission Meeting Minutes July 2018
- Town Council Meeting Minutes July 2018
- Historic Preservation Commission Meeting Minutes April 2018
- Historic Preservation Commission Meeting Minutes February 2018
- Town Council Meeting Minutes June 2018
- Town Council Meeting Agenda, September 10, 2018
- Planning Commission Meeting Agenda, September 5, 2018
- Emergency Preparedness Meeting Agenda, August 23, 2018
- Board of Supervisors of Elections Meeting Agenda, August 27, 2018
- Historic Preservation Commission Meeting Agenda, August 21, 2018
- Town Council Meeting Agenda, August 13, 2018
- Planning Commission Meeting Agenda, August 15, 2018
300 Grove Avenue
PO Box 216
Washington Grove, Maryland
Located in the lower wing of McCathran Hall, the office is usually open Monday Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday from 1:00 – 4:30 p.m. Town Clerk Kathy Lehman is available to answer your questions. Please drop by, call the office at 301-926-2256 or send an e-mail to [email protected].
M, T, Th, F » 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wed. » 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Historic Preservation Commission, Roads & Walkways, Sign Restoration Project, WG Conservation Park
Planning Commission, McCathran Hall, Montgomery Municipal Cable Board, Census Liaison, FEMA Floodplain Coordinator
Dog Park, Woods, Contracts, Shady Grove Crossing Liaison
Robert B. Gilmore
Website, Communications, Recreation
Emergency Preparedness, Maple Lake
Forestry and Beautification, Maintenance, Memorials, Playgrounds
Marc Hansen, Chair
Kathie Evans (Alternate Member)
Robert Booher, Chair
Darrell Anderson, Council Liaison
Peter Nagrod, Chair
Charlie Challstrom, Council Liaison
Meredith Horan, Supervisor
Christine Dibble (co-Chair)
Mary Warfield (co-Chair)
Forestry & Beautification
Georgette Cole, Chair
Audrey Maskery, Council Liaison
Patrice Klein (co-Chair)
Joan Mahaffey (co-Chair)
Vacant Homes Task Force
Joli A. McCathran
Woods Committee Master Plan Work Group
Wednesday, 19 September 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm in Council Room 300 Grove Ave. More Details >>
Woman's Club Pot Luck & Auction
Friday, 21 September 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm in McCathran Hall More Details >>
Regular Meeting of the Town Council Monday, September 10, 2018 | 7:30 p.m. | McCathran Hall Council Room Call To Order Approval of the Agenda Public Appearances – Please note the time allowed to speak will be limited to five minutes Approval of Minutes – August 13,...
NOTABLE & OFFICIAL
Thanks to the persistent efforts of our indefatigable volunteers, we can report that 106 street signs have now been rehabilitated and remounted at Town intersections – and more signs are in process. Heartfelt thanks to all the cleaners, painters, artists, installers,...
Our old streetlight fixtures and bulbs are slipping into obsolescence. A Streetlight Committee will advise the Council on alternatives to our current fixtures. For more information about this group, please contact Darrell Anderson at 301-963-8555 or...
Both the PC and HPC need a volunteer to serve as the Alternate. The Alternate participates in the meetings and votes when a full member is absent. The PC meets on the 1st Wed. of the month and the HPC meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the month. For more information contact...
EVENTS & RECREATION
October 13, 2018 in Zoe Wadsworth Park. More details in the next Bulletin.
Meditation in The Grove/Mindfulness & Meditation Class New resident Eleni Khan invites you to enjoy group guided meditations and mindfulness exercises. We will be calming our minds, and deeply relaxing with guided breathing, singing bowls, interactive mindfulness and...
Let There Be Dancing! Mark your calendars! Betsy and Al Taylor, callers for Taylor Made Squares, are happy to announce we have scheduled a series of dances on the First and Third Mondays. Please join us on the following dates: September 17, October 1, October 15,...
SERVICES & ALERTS
Per Article 1, Section 7. Operation of Power Mowers, Etc. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a power mower, chain saw, or other power equipment on Sundays before the hour of 12:00 Noon, except that electrically powered tools may be operated within a...
At the July 9 Council meeting, the Council approved a trial for the installation of two speed bumps on Chestnut Road. In August, temporary speed bumps will be installed at the Stop sign at Chestnut Road and Oak Street and at the Stop sign at Chestnut Road and Acorn...
Sunday July 1...9:30 – 11:00 am Opening Day (Social Doubles Play) Monday July 2 ....7:00 – 8:00 pm "Beginners Only" Wanna try? Wanna remember how to? C'mon out!!! Wednesday July 11....6:30 – 8:00 pm Ladies Only....Drills and Play Monday July 16......6:30 – 8:00 pm...
The volunteer-organized Communications Working Group has been formed to recommend to the Town Council best practices for ensuring effective, non-emergency communications from the Town to its residents. Communications Working...
Historic Preservation Commission Meeting Next meeting: Tuesday, August 22, 2018; 7:30 p.m. in the Council Room. All meetings are open to the public. Seeking Volunteers to Open Their Homes… The Maryland Association of Historic District Commissions (MAHDC) has reached...
Thanks to Montgomery Municipal Cable (MMC) for capturing the Washington Grove 4th of July Celebration in the video now available on YouTube by clicking on: https://youtu.be/aCqu65AjS0Ehttps://youtu.be/aCqu65AjS0E MMC's Melissa Aymold joined us here to do the video...